Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Oschwald <ro...@yahoo.de> on 2005/01/28 11:19:33 UTC

JK / JK2 and IIS6 Authentication Problem solved

Hi all,

everyone who isn't able to access the manager / admin applications (access
denied message)
or try to use basic auth with IIS6 and Tomcat  4.x / 5.x should read further.

We  had exactly this problem while using the jk2 isapi redirector.

HOW TO SOLVE:

- use the JK ISAPI-Redirector, not JK2 (JK2 is EndOfLive anyway. We dindn't
manage to get authentication to be passed through JK2)
- Disable JMXBeans support in server.xml
- Disable the Cojote/AJP13 connector in server.xml
- Enable the AJP13 connector in server.xml
- In IIS6 manager, Enable basic authentication in the "jakarta" node
- Restart tomcat and IIS6.
- Try it out.

Regards,
Robert