Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2016/02/19 23:44:53 UTC

UIMA v3 progress, and PEAR / JCas work

Hi,

The experimental v3 redesign now runs all the core test cases (some were
modified a bit), except the PEAR test.

I also have to fix the compressed serialization form 6 to be compatible with V2
serialized forms (TBD).  form 4 had a test for that already, and it's passing.

Handling JCas conversions and Pears feels kind of complex.  I'm hoping to do
"common use cases" more or less automatically, with some enhanced reporting.
I've put down some general thoughts about this in a wiki page here:

*https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/UIMA/MigrationPearJCas*

Cheers.  -Marshall

Re: UIMA v3 progress, and PEAR / JCas work

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Making a quick pass thru the other projects now... to remove compile errors.
Most are trivial, or are test cases using internals that have changed.

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.