Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by John Kane <jo...@kane.net> on 2009/05/09 20:51:33 UTC

Re-Addressing a cluster

I have a situation that I have not been able to find in the mail archives.

I have an active cluster that was built on a private switch with private IP
address space (192.168.*.*)

I need to relocate the cluster into "real" address space.

Assuming that I have working DNS, is there an issue? Do I just need to be
sure that I utilize hostnames for everything and then be fat, dumb and
happy? Or are IP Addresses tracked by the namenode, etc?

Thanks

Re: Re-Addressing a cluster

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
jason hadoop wrote:
> Now that I think about it, the reverse lookups in my clusters work.

and you have made sure that IPv6 is turned off, right?

Re: Re-Addressing a cluster

Posted by jason hadoop <ja...@gmail.com>.

http://www.apress.com/book/view/9781430219422

Re: Re-Addressing a cluster