Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by "mnobrebr <marcos.otc@onix.com.br>" <ma...@onix.com.br> on 2003/01/25 19:35:38 UTC

Database access. HOW ?

What can I have to do (install more module,etc) ) to get access of
data in a database with Apache::ASP ?

There is some code sample ?

My environment :
Linux RH 8
Apache 2.0.40
CPAN
perl 5.8
MySQL 3.23.54
PostgreSQL 7.2.3
Firebird

TIA,

MNobre.

Re: Database access. HOW ?

Posted by "gtorreiro <gtorreiro@yahoo.com>" <gt...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Well, you're using Perl so you'll access data through what is call
Perl's DBI interface and for every RDBMS there is a DBD driver.

DBI stand for Data Base Interface and DBD stand for Data Base Driver

Also Apache::ASP per se does not access any RDBMS, DBD+DBI does.

So, suppose you want to access a database that it's available on a
MySQL server.
You will need to have the DBI.pm module and the dependencies it may
require, then you'll need also the DBD-mysql module (and its
dependencies) to have the driver that access MySQL. That's All.
Sample code is included in those modules and on Internet you'll find
many more.

Regards,

Guillermo

--- In apache-asp@yahoogroups.com, "mnobrebr <ma...@o...>"