Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by MITRAJ <ra...@gs.com> on 2009/07/15 10:00:15 UTC

Do Jmeter Support Java Script calls..?

Re: Do Jmeter Support Java Script calls..?

Posted by Tony Lotts <tl...@gmail.com>.
It sounds like what you want to test is the load time of the frames.

Is each frame defined in a different HTML document?  If so, just request
each HTML document with an HTTP GET. You may also want to check 'Download
Embedded Resources...'.

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.
Guess I am going to have taking a serious look at BSH / Java in JMeter.

In Raj's case, if Jmeter scripts are difficult to write, and it is
hard to test for scalability, I would try running Selenium scripts on
more machines (if possible to organize such a test where he works),
during the evening, at workstations left open by colleagues.

When all tests are running simultaneously, from another test machine I
would verify from a user's point of view how the server is responding
to see if the tabs are the problem indeed.

With Firebug, for example, you or the developer can see during
realtime use of the application what sequences run slower than others
/ what needs optimizing so you could identify some bottlenecks (the
NET panel shows the load times on this machine).
BTW: Any objections to this rudimentary method? (*Note: I am only
looking for bottlenecks with this test and is my last resort).

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tony Lotts <tl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tony Lotts <tl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by MITRAJ <ra...@gs.com>.

Posted by Noel O'Brien <no...@newbay.com>.

----- "MITRAJ" <ra...@gs.com> wrote:

> Thanks Noel
>
> In my application have 3 tabs.
> If i click on the tab, A frame is loaded. Those tabs are based on Java
> script. (HTTP request url is not there for these tabs). Is there any way to
> test tabs..?
>
> Thanks
> Raj
>

> Noel O'Brien wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > See the "JMeter is not a browser" section in
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/index.html
> >
> > Regards,
> > Noel
> >
> > ----- "MITRAJ" <ra...@gs.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Noel

Noel

Re: Do Jmeter Support Java Script calls..?

Posted by MITRAJ <ra...@gs.com>.
Thanks Noel

Posted by Noel O'Brien <no...@newbay.com>.
Hi,