Posted to netcat@netbeans.apache.org by Niklas Matthies <ne...@nmhq.net> on 2018/04/04 00:04:10 UTC

Re: [vcs] Subversion - Resolve conflict - Conflict resolved

Sorry for the late reply...

On Thu 2018-03-29 at 20:21h, Leo Donahue wrote on netcat:
:
> Steps from Test case 12. Conflict resolved are confusing - I can't tell
> which project of the three now in project explorer I'm supposed to select
> project root on.

In test suite 3, test case 12, you can actually resuse the second project from test case 10 and only re-perform steps 3 and 4 from test case 10. Then in test case 12, steps 2 to 4 are performed on the original ("previous" in test case 10) project, which now has the conflicts just as in test case 11. Test cases 11 and 12 are basically the same (resolving merge conflicts), only that test case 11 uses the Merge tool while in test case 12 you resolve the conflicts manually.

Everything going forward in test suite 3 (except test case 16) uses the original project, but it doesn't really matter, you can use either. The two-project scenario above is only needed for test cases 10 to 12 in order to be able to create merge conflicts.

> Test case 13. Delete file also doesn't tell me which project to pick when
> deleting the NewClass.java from package xx.yy. Any of the three projects I
> pick to delete that class did not show the "Locally Deleted" status in the
> Subversion tab.

It does for me when Show Changes was invoked on the project where the deletion is made. (The Subversion tab only shows changes for the project(s) on which Show Changes was last invoked.)

Niklas