Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by CK <cl...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/02 15:51:38 UTC

ACS development

Hi

I am new to ACS development and intend on using DevCloud2 as my self
contained dev+test environment. I have the management server running in
VirtualBox and have browsed the ACS website/wiki and not found answers to
the following questions and hope you can help:

1) Where can I find the management-server log in DevCloud2?

2) What is the 192.168.56.1 IP used for and where is it set?

3) By default the 'host' configuration parameter in DevCloud2 is set to
192.168.56.1, why is this? I would expect it to be set to 192.168.56.10

4) How do I start the Cloud_Usage service (does it need to be built first,
if so how)?

5) How do I access/read from the ACS Event Bus? Is there any sample code to
do this - in python ideally?

Thanks in advance

Re: ACS development

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 9:45 PM, CK <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Rohit.
>
> I found vmops.log under src, I assume that is the management server log?

+1

> In DevCloud2, is the command to run the management server: mvn -pl
> :cloud-client-ui jetty:run
> but this does not run in the background, can I add & to make it so, or is
> there another command I should be using to run the management server as a
> service, similar to a normal ACS deployment?

Yes, it won't run it as a background job. You can well have mvn run it in
background though. The development and production workflows are slightly
different but they will run the same mgmt server anyway.

If it bothers you just run in a tmux session (or screen etc.) and detach it
and continue your work and reattach tmux when needed.

Other way is to create release debs/rpms and install from it which could be
buggy and may need some work because 4.2 has a lot of new dependencies and
possible path and name changes.

HTH.

Cheers.

Re: ACS development