Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by edward winston <ew...@kdi.com> on 2004/09/06 19:03:13 UTC

deploy problems with axis and JBoss EJB

I am having problems deploying a web service that will front a stateless
session bean.  I have the session bean created and have tested that it works
and am deploying that in the ear.

Then i added a web component to the ear, included the axis jar in the
WEB-INF/lib directory and redeployed the ear.  The beans are loaded just fine
and my test client still works, and i can get to axis via the web.

Axis is working because i see the default services of AdminService and
Version and i can get the wsdl for both of those services.  When i deploy the
service that fronts the session bean, the service shows up, but there are no
methods exposed.  If i try to get the wsdl it says that it could not generate
the wsdl.  It confirms that there is a service but maybe it is mis
configured.

Here is my deploy.wsdd file :

            xsi:schemaLocation="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/
                                ../../../../../schema/axis-wsdd.xsd ">
<service name="WSInvestigation" provider="java:EJB">
  <parameter name="beanJndiName" value="local/AccessCounterSB" />
  <parameter name="localHomeInterfaceName" value="AccessCounterSBLHif" />
  <parameter name="localInterfaceName" value="AccessCounterSBLif" />
  <parameter name="jndiURL" value="jnp://saturn:1099" />
  <parameter name="jndiContextClass"
             value="org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory"/>
  <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="listUsers" />
</service>
</deployment>

I have tried using '*' as the value of 'allowedMethods' but that didn't work
either.

Any clues as to what I am doing wrong here?

edward

Re: deploy problems with axis and JBoss EJB

Posted by Mahen Perera <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi edward,

did u to try to invoke the web service methods from the client side by
using the Call object?

Mahen

Posted by edward winston <ew...@kdi.com>.
I tried this and it didn't work.  I was able to get debugging output by
changing the log4j.xml file used by jboss.

Thanks for the tip anyway, though!
edward

Posted by sm...@spansurf.com.

Posted by edward winston <ew...@kdi.com>.