Posted to users@camel.apache.org by SimonT <si...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/30 11:43:03 UTC

Sandboxing a Groovy script processor?

We provide a hosted integration product. We'd like to replace the internals
of this product with Camel.

Users currently add processing steps to our product using Groovy via an
online editor.  Our users are technical and currently have access to a rich
DSL making the scripts much shorter and more readable.

To ensure the scripts can not damage our system or the environment of other
users we have sandboxed Groovy.  Is this something that is possible with
Camel already or could we plug our sandbox into Camel?

Following an initial investigation it looks like an enhancement to
org.apache.camel.groovy in artefact in camel-groovy...

I've a blog and some code on GitHub outlining what it is:
http://simontemple.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/groovy-in-cloud-sandboxing-and-more.html

I'd appreciate your thoughts on my efforts so far and how I may adapt this
for use with Camel in a multi user hosted service.