Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/08 14:31:18 UTC

Version placeholder on the website

Hi All,

I've created a PR for the site generator project:
https://github.com/apache/tomee-site-generator/pull/32.

The idea here is to allow ${tomee.version} to be specified in the
documentation or example files, and it to be swapped for the specific
version string (which can be specified in the Configuration class). The
rationale here for pages to show an up-to-date version, rather than
referencing really old versions.

If folks are ok with this. I'll merge it in, and start working through the
relevant files to add in the ${tomee.version} placeholder in the right
places.

Thanks

Jon

Re: Version placeholder on the website

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the feedback and +1s. I was just thinking that there may be some
legitimate uses of ${tomee.version} that we don't want to replace - e.g.
where we're showing a pom.xml file, and tomee.version is actually defined
as a property. I'm thinking I'll simply switch this to ${TOMEE_VERSION},
merge this in, and set about updating some of the documentation to
reference it.

Let me know if you have any objections to that.

Thanks

Jon

Posted by Daniel Dias Dos Santos <da...@gmail.com>.
+1