Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Brian Lachniet <bl...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/20 15:16:54 UTC

Run C# Tests on Windows in Travis

There have been a few recent "close calls" on changes that would have
broken the C# bindings on Windows. To help avoid this, I'd like to start
running the C# tests on a Travis Windows agent.

I've submitted AVRO-2467 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-2467> and
PR #579 <https://github.com/apache/avro/pull/579> to address this new
feature.

In my PR, the two original build environments work the same as before.
However, they are launched from new Travis scripts rather than directly
from the .travis.yml. The Windows environment only runs the C# tests at
this time.

While I've only got this specialized for the Windows C# build right now, I
imagine this could be
further expanded in the future to test other environments easily.

I appreciate any feedback that anyone is willing to share.

[image: 51b630b05e01a6d5134ccfd520f547c4.png]

Brian Lachniet

Software Engineer

E: blachniet@gmail.com | blachniet.com <http://www.blachniet.com>

<https://twitter.com/blachniet> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/blachniet>

Re: Run C# Tests on Windows in Travis

Posted by Brian Lachniet <bl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for taking a look, Fokko! I've actually got the PR to fix those
warnings (currently a draft PR) in #586
<https://github.com/apache/avro/pull/586> (AVRO-2473
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-2473>). My hope is to get the
C# Reflect changes in before finishing up the warnings PR.

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.