Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by cbkihong <cb...@hotmail.com> on 2009/01/01 07:25:34 UTC

Geronimo + Jetty configuration

Just experimenting with Geronimo armed with some background using JBoss for
some time in the past. I have 2 questions for the time being:

1) How to suppress the HTTP server identification header? I checked the
Jetty sources and found a JavaBean property that is exposed at the Server
class, but Geronimo does not seem to have it exposed directly as a GBean so
I am not sure if that can be overridden without rebuilding the embedded
Jetty plugin.

2) I notice unlike Tomcat, compiled JSP are not retained on shutdown. I
found this may be configurable in Jetty but how do I apply in Geronimo's
embedded Jetty?

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Jsp+Configuration

As JBoss 4.x uses Tomcat and I would like to try something different this
time, I'm using Geronimo 2.1.3 + Jetty6 combo. Deploying on Linux and Sun
6u11 JDK (if that matters).

Thanks for any insights.