Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Xiao Li <ga...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/13 06:34:18 UTC

Re: Apache Spark git repo moved to gitbox.apache.org

The above instruction is different from what the website document:
https://github.com/apache/spark-website/commit/92606b2e7849b9d743ef2a8176438142420a83e5#diff-17faa4bab13b7530a3e1b627bb798ad0

Some committers are using gitbox, but the others are following the website
instruction and using github.

Due to the mismatch, gitbox and github becomes inconsistent. I opened an
infra ticket. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-17842 Hopefully,
it can be fixed soon. We should let all the committers follow the same way;
otherwise, it could break the commit history easily.

Xiao

Sean Owen <sr...@apache.org> 于2018年12月10日周一 上午8:30写道:

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@apache.org>.
Yes, we all need to be using one remote, and that should be github.
The website is authoritative. this became clear after the initial
email. I apologize as I don't think this was made extra clear to all
committers, and it is important. I see that there are some checks in
the sync to even deal with this case (and rebase? hm, what if they
conflict?) but certainly we should all push to one upstream repo.

Do we have a sense of who might have pushed to gitbox, to make sure
they get the message?
Right now they seem consistent again, so I can't ID the commit that
went just to gitbox. That will have to be replayed.

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=spark.git
https://github.com/apache/spark/commits/master