Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by "Siddharth, Gopalsamy" <gs...@paypal.com.INVALID> on 2015/09/10 13:49:10 UTC

issue running docker container in aurora

Hi dev folks ,

I am using mesos 23.0 and aurora 0.9.0 which I installed from deb files.

Is there any requirement for thermos_executor to have libmesos /python 2.7 in the container because the container runs fine out of aurora?

i`m seeing a few errors of the following :

MesosDriver not found :

Writing log files to disk in /mnt/mesos/sandbox
thermos_executor: error: Could not load MesosExecutorDriver!
twitter.common.app debug: main sys.exited
twitter.common.app debug: Shutting application down.
twitter.common.app debug: Running exit function for twitter.common.log (Logging subsystem.)
twitter.common.app debug: Finishing up module teardown.
twitter.common.app debug:   Active thread: <_MainThread(MainThread, started 140023471273728)>
twitter.common.app debug: Exiting cleanly.

Python - exceptions :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 162, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code
    exec code in run_globals
  File "/mnt/mesos/sandbox/thermos_executor/__main__.py", line 24, in <module>
  File "/mnt/mesos/sandbox/thermos_executor/.bootstrap/_pex/pex_bootstrapper.py", line 4, in <module>
ImportError: No module named contextlib

Thanks
-Siddharth

Re: issue running docker container in aurora

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.
I believe we sorted Siddharth out over IRC today, by switching to 14.04 as
his base image for now.

The most challenging issue was finding the right deps for libmesos under
0.23.0 in ubuntu 12.04.  This is still unsolved, so if anyone has a
Dockerfile based on 12.04 that works with vanilla libmesos.so from 0.23.0,
i'd love to know!

Also relevant is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-1487, which
will correct a misleading example file we have in our source tree.

Posted by "Siddharth, Gopalsamy" <gs...@paypal.com.INVALID>.
Hi Dan ,

Posted by "Siddharth, Gopalsamy" <gs...@paypal.com.INVALID>.
Thank you Dan ,