Posted to jcp-open@apache.org by Dalibor Topic <ro...@kaffe.org> on 2007/08/12 17:50:42 UTC

Thanks, I'll pass

Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@...> writes:

> It's interesting to see the slow and steady erosion of the core value
> of FSF-style "freedom" by commercial entities leveraging the control
> granted to the copyright holder by the GPL while at the same time
> granting themselves exceptions were needed for commercial or
> political expediency.   At least those that use the AL are honest
> about what they are doing.  The amazing part is that the FSF is helping.

That sort of invitation to an off-topic debate about the FSF is the reason why I
usually don't post here: I don't want to provide a platform to stray the course
of the discussion away from the usually insightful reflection on strategies
employed and to be employed by the ASF regarding the JCP.

cheers,
dalibor topic