Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Cybernd <cy...@cybernd.at> on 2006/08/31 11:07:41 UTC

AMQ Status

Hi,

Just a stupid question, but how close is AMQ to get out of the incubation
process?
You finished all neccesary steps in 4.0M4 or im wrong?

(Would be nice to see more information on http://activemq.org/site/news.html
- it always seems like AMQs developement slows down.)

thx,
Bernhard

Re: AMQ Status

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 8/31/06, Cybernd <cy...@cybernd.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a stupid question, but how close is AMQ to get out of the incubation
> process?
> You finished all neccesary steps in 4.0M4 or im wrong?
>
> (Would be nice to see more information on http://activemq.org/site/news.html
> - it always seems like AMQs developement slows down.)

A vote has taken place on the ActiveMQ developer list for ActiveMQ to
graduate as a top level project:

http://www.nabble.com/Graduate-to-a-TLP--tf2034609.html#a5597833

And a discussion was started on general@incubator:

http://www.nabble.com/Forming-an-ActiveMQ-PPMC-tf2112927.html#a5832811

But no official vote has taken place there yet. To graduate from the
Incubator as a Top Level Project (TLP), a motion for graduation must
be drafted for the Board per the following:

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Process_Description.html#Escalation

AFAIK, this has not been done yet - but that is just my assumption as
I haven't yet seen a CC of anything sent to the board regarding this.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
Apache ServiceMix - http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/