Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by WXR <14...@qq.com> on 2013/07/02 17:12:14 UTC

Volume losts after migrating.

I want to migrate all volumes from one primary storage to another.
So I migrate serveral root and data volumes at the same time from the UI.
Now one of the vms can not start after migrating,the management log shows that the vm start fails due to can't find volume.
How can I find the lost volume and recover it?

RE: Volume losts after migrating.

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
You will need to do some mysql work, there are probably other ways to do it, but I just find it much easier. Also, we wont be changing anything on DB side - if you do, please backup db first. Get MySQL WorkBench and establish connectivity to your DB.

Step 1:
Identify instance_id by inspecting the vm_instances table

Step 2:
Review the volumes table and match it with your instance id, you can then see the folder, path and volume names. You can use this info to trace and figure out what happened.

Regards
-ilya