Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Aseem Anand <as...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/14 13:06:25 UTC

Ignore keys while scheduling reduce jobs

Hi,
Is there anyway I can ignore all keys except a certain key ( determined
after the map stage) to start only 1 reduce job using a partitioner? If so
could someone suggest such a method.

Regards,
Aseem

Re: Ignore keys while scheduling reduce jobs

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.
Hi,

Does the mapper know what is the 1st point in the data set and the cluster
id corresponding to it ? I don't know much about the kmeans algorithm,
hence may be wrong ..

If the mappers have this information, then, the map task can check from the
clusters data whether a cluster id pertains to the first point and emit it
only if this condition is true, ignoring all other records.

Then you can set up your job to have only one reducer that will get all
values for the single cluster id and process it.

Thanks
Hemanth

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.
Hi,