Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Raffaele Ragni <ra...@cone.it> on 2002/10/01 18:54:50 UTC

Properties files

Hi,

There is a way to use properties files (i think there is) for my portlets? i mean, there is a predefined way to declare
the properties in those files?
I saw that in vm files uses $config.getString(), but probably i dont know how to set in properties files.
And it would be useful to know how to read even by program (java)

Thanks.

|- Raffaele Ragni < raffaele.ragni@cone.it >
|- Tel 071 2900854 / Fax 071 2908551 / Cel 333 3659770
|- CONE Sistemi Informativi

Re: Properties files

Posted by EMike <mi...@neurosoft.fr>.
Hi rafaele.

The easiest way do that, if i really understand what you mean (English is
not my native language), is to add an "include" line in
TurbineResources.properties :

#at the end of the file...
include = JetspeedResources.properties
include = JetspeedSecurity.properties
include = YourFile.properties

...then use it from your portlets :

String myprop = TurbineResources.getString("your property declared in
YourFile.properties");

Don't really know if that's what you were waiting for...
Hope that helps.

Mike