Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kenneth Scotland <ks...@charter.net> on 2014/06/10 18:20:37 UTC

.mdb file

I have one .mdb file, created some years ago using M/S Access.  It is

a personal file concerning my collections.  However, with acquiring new a

computer, I somehow lost access to Access.  I still have the file, and can

read it.but cannot add items.

Do you have a program which would help me?

Thanks for your attention.

Kenneth Scotland

---

Re: .mdb file

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello Kenneth,

Am 10.06.2014 18:26, schrieb Andreas Säger:
> Am 10.06.2014 18:20, Kenneth Scotland wrote:
>> I have one .mdb file, created some years ago using M/S Access.  It is
>>
>> a personal file concerning my collections.  However, with acquiring new a
>>
>> computer, I somehow lost access to Access.  I still have the file, and can
>>
>> read it.but cannot add items.

So you didn't use primary keys in your database. I know Ms Access alow
you to do so.
But then you can only add items with MS-Access. Maybe you can add a
column to each table for the primary key.

So you need kowledge about the relation among the tables and so on.

>> Do you have a program which would help me?

> [Tutorial] MS Access and OOo Base
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=25300
>
> Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Mechtilde

Re: .mdb file

Posted by Andreas Säger <vi...@t-online.de>.

Re: .mdb file

Posted by Facundo Cevey <fc...@gmail.com>.
Yes, try this program http://www.alexnolan.net/software/mdb_viewer_plus.htm

> I have one .mdb file, created some years ago using M/S Access.  It is
>
> a personal file concerning my collections.  However, with acquiring new a
>
> computer, I somehow lost access to Access.  I still have the file, and can
>
> read it.but cannot add items.
>

> Do you have a program which would help me?
>

> Thanks for your attention.
>

> Kenneth Scotland
>

> ---
> protection is active.