Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Stefan Küng <to...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/30 16:59:40 UTC

Timeline for 1.6.1

Hi,

While 1.6.0 hasn't been out for a long time, there have already been a
lot of bugs fixed. One in particular is bugging me a lot because I get
at least 10 crash dumps a day sent in for that: r36751. Seems a lot of
people are affected by that and they all can't update their working
copies without a fresh checkout first.

So, what's the plan/time for 1.6.1?

Stefan

--
       ___
  oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=1483903

Re: Timeline for 1.6.1

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.
On Mar 30, 2009, at 12:03 PM, Hyrum K. Wright wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2009, at 11:59 AM, Stefan Küng wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> While 1.6.0 hasn't been out for a long time, there have already
>> been a
>> lot of bugs fixed. One in particular is bugging me a lot because I
>> get
>> at least 10 crash dumps a day sent in for that: r36751. Seems a lot
>> of
>> people are affected by that and they all can't update their working
>> copies without a fresh checkout first.
>>
>> So, what's the plan/time for 1.6.1?
>
> I was planning on waiting another week or so (say Apr. 8-ish), but it
> there is demand, and folks are fine with it, I'm happy to roll it this
> week sometime.
>
> Regardless of when it rolls, there is lots of stuff currently in
> STATUS which could use some review and voting.

Oh, and it'd also be nice if people could actually finish the release
notes, instead of letting them languish in a half-completed state.

-Hyrum

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=1490052

Re: Timeline for 1.6.1

Posted by Stefan Küng <to...@gmail.com>.
Hyrum K. Wright wrote:
> On Mar 30, 2009, at 11:59 AM, Stefan Küng wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> While 1.6.0 hasn't been out for a long time, there have already been a
>> lot of bugs fixed. One in particular is bugging me a lot because I get
>> at least 10 crash dumps a day sent in for that: r36751. Seems a lot of
>> people are affected by that and they all can't update their working
>> copies without a fresh checkout first.
>>
>> So, what's the plan/time for 1.6.1?
>
> I was planning on waiting another week or so (say Apr. 8-ish), but it
> there is demand, and folks are fine with it, I'm happy to roll it this
> week sometime.
>
> Regardless of when it rolls, there is lots of stuff currently in STATUS
> which could use some review and voting.

Apr 8-ish sounds good to me.

Stefan

--
       ___

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=1484525

Re: Timeline for 1.6.1

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.
On Mar 31, 2009, at 7:27 AM, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:

> napisał(a):
>>
>> On Mar 31, 2009, at 6:05 AM, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis
>> wrote:
>>> I would suggest creating 1.6.1 tarball on 2009-04-10 and releasing
>>> it
>>> on 2009-04-12.
>>
>> Out of curiosity, any particular reason why those particular dates?
>
> I probably won't be able to test 1.6.1 before 2009-04-10 / 2009-04-11
> and I would like to sign the tarball :) .

I empathize with your desire, but I don't think that it's sufficient
to delay 1.6.1: it'll roll on April 8.  On the off chance that we
don't have sufficient signatures to release by the weekend, your
signature will be highly sought. :)

You are, of course, encouraged to test the branch before the tarball
is released.

-Hyrum

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=1495460

Re: Timeline for 1.6.1

Posted by Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Ar...@GMail.Com>.

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=1495416

Re: Timeline for 1.6.1

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.
On Mar 31, 2009, at 6:05 AM, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:

> 2009-3-30 19:03 Hyrum K. Wright <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>
> napisał(a):
>> On Mar 30, 2009, at 11:59 AM, Stefan Küng wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> While 1.6.0 hasn't been out for a long time, there have already
>>> been a
>>> lot of bugs fixed. One in particular is bugging me a lot because I
>>> get
>>> at least 10 crash dumps a day sent in for that: r36751. Seems a
>>> lot of
>>> people are affected by that and they all can't update their working
>>> copies without a fresh checkout first.
>>>
>>> So, what's the plan/time for 1.6.1?
>>
>> I was planning on waiting another week or so (say Apr. 8-ish), but it
>> there is demand, and folks are fine with it, I'm happy to roll it
>> this
>> week sometime.
>
> I would suggest creating 1.6.1 tarball on 2009-04-10 and releasing it
> on 2009-04-12.

Out of curiosity, any particular reason why those particular dates?
I'm not totally against the idea, but many committers are AFK over the
weekends; a tarball posted for signatures on a Friday historically
hasn't garnered much attention until the following week.  Without a
compelling reason to change, rolling midweek gives us a much faster
turnaround time when collecting signatures.

-Hyrum

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=1495127

Re: Timeline for 1.6.1

Posted by Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Ar...@GMail.Com>.

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=1494771

Re: Timeline for 1.6.1

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=1483910

Re: Timeline for 1.6.1

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Stefan Küng <to...@gmail.com> wrote:

> While 1.6.0 hasn't been out for a long time, there have already been a
> lot of bugs fixed. One in particular is bugging me a lot because I get
> at least 10 crash dumps a day sent in for that: r36751. Seems a lot of
> people are affected by that and they all can't update their working
> copies without a fresh checkout first.
>
> So, what's the plan/time for 1.6.1?

I figured Hyrum would say something this week and we'd roll it next
week.  Of course that would be dependent on Hyrum and his availability
to do the release.

There is still a lot in STATUS.  I tend to think we ought to give this
until next week to see if anything else comes in.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/