Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Martinus Martinus <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/13 11:35:33 UTC

no namenode

Hi,

I start-all.sh my hadoop master node, but I can't find any namenode on it.
Would anyone be so kindly to tell me how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Re: no namenode

Posted by Mohamed Elsayed <mo...@bibalex.org>.
Hi Martinus,

I am not sure what causes this exception. Do you think you could attach
namenode's and datanode's log file? They might lead us to the cause of
exception. I can't say there is a problem in connectivity between
namenode and datanodes, because you said the file exists in datanodes!

Mohamed Elsayed
Bibliotheca Alexandrina

Re: no namenode

Posted by Martinus Martinus <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mohamed,

I got this when I tried to bin/hadoop dfs -put single.txt input/ :

12/01/30 17:52:40 INFO hdfs.DFSClient: Exception in createBlockOutputStream
172.16.4.85:50010 java.io.IOException: Bad connect ack with firstBadLink as
172.16.2.130:50010
12/01/30 17:52:40 INFO hdfs.DFSClient: Abandoning block
blk_5493791950927576696_1004
12/01/30 17:52:40 INFO hdfs.DFSClient: Excluding datanode 172.16.2.130:50010

Re: no namenode

Posted by Martinus Martinus <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael/Mohamed,

Re: no namenode

Posted by Martinus Martinus <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael/Mohamed,

Thanks for your explanation. How about if I got this on my master nob

Re: no namenode

Posted by Michael Lok <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martinus,

Re: no namenode