Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu> on 2010/09/16 20:12:56 UTC

[mentors] release artifact question

Re: [mentors] release artifact question

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
On Sep 17, 2010, at 2:25 PM, Josh Thompson wrote:

> Kevan and Matt - thanks for the info.  I added instructions to
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VCL/VCL+Release+Procedures
>
> on downloading and including Dojo Toolkit in the section that explains how to
> create the RC.
>
> Josh

I'd add a comment about updating a document that indicates the version used.  Basically, if someone comes back later and wants create the release form the tag they'd need to know what release was used as the current is not guaranteed to be the one you used when you released.  It could be a couple of years.  This isn't a hard requirement but is a convenience for your users.

Cheers.

Re: [mentors] release artifact question

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

--