Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Zippy Zeppoli <zi...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/05 03:25:21 UTC

rolling deployments with tomcat clustering

Hello,
I have a tomcat 7 cluster which I want to do rolling deployments.
I am using FarmDeployer. I am wondering, what is the default behavior of
FarmDeployer, does it undeploy and deploy the new app all at once?

Is there any way to modify this behavior to do it serially?

Re: rolling deployments with tomcat clustering

Posted by Zippy Zeppoli <zi...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it will have to be dynamically detected somehow. A real chore.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: rolling deployments with tomcat clustering

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 05/02/2013 02:25, Zippy Zeppoli wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a tomcat 7 cluster which I want to do rolling deployments.
> I am using FarmDeployer. I am wondering, what is the default behavior of
> FarmDeployer, does it undeploy and deploy the new app all at once?
>
> Is there any way to modify this behavior to do it serially?

Try versioning your war files.

 myapp##v1.0.0.war
 myapp##v1.0.1.war

This feature is called 'parallel deployment'.

You can use JMX to monitor the activeCount of sessions of the older
version and also to undeploy it when that number reaches zero.

[key:62590808]