Posted to users@camel.apache.org by WDS <wo...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/27 14:35:06 UTC

camel-netty and multicast

hihi-

I see broadcast is available flag in camel-netty. I find no test case
for broadcast/multicast in source. If multicast is functioning, can
show example?

I have in Java:
  from("netty:udp://225.5.5.55:4455/?broadcast=true").
      to("log:mylog?level="INFO").
   end();

I expect to see join to group 225.5.5.55:4455, but instead i have bind
exception.

thanks you

Re: camel-netty and multicast

Posted by samel <sa...@lmco.com>.
Just wondering if you made any progress on this?  I'm having a similar
problem.  I'm using Camel 2.10.4 and trying to use camel-netty to listen on
a true multicast UDP address (224.0.0.0 through 239.255.255.255).   I don't
see a bind exception but I'm unable to get an messages through either.
However, if I use non-multicast addresses such as localhost or my own IP,
things seem to work.

Re: camel-netty and multicast

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I suggest to check the Netty documentation what the broadcast option does.

And as we love contributions, then you are more than welcome to dig
into the camel-netty source code and see whats missing to get it
working as you would expect.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 6:04 PM, WDS <wo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No example :(
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Can you take a peek in the unit tests of camel-netty, there may be an
>> example for broadcast.
>>
>> However as udp broadcasting isn't much used, there may be a glitch in
>> the component.
>> As we love contributions, feel free to dig into the source.
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 2:35 PM, WDS <wo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> hihi-
>>>

>>> I see broadcast is available flag in camel-netty. I find no test case
>>> for broadcast/multicast in source. If multicast is functioning, can
>>> show example?
>>>
>>> I have in Java:
>>>  from("netty:udp://225.5.5.55:4455/?broadcast=true").
>>>      to("log:mylog?level="INFO").
>>>   end();
>>>
>>> I expect to see join to group 225.5.5.55:4455, but instead i have bind
>>> exception.
>>>

>>> thanks you
>>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen