Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Amit Pandey <am...@techblue.co.uk> on 2007/12/28 16:10:14 UTC

Sub menus for tabs

Hello All,

This is with reference to the earlier mail sent by me on 2007/10/23,
with heading 'Submenus for tabs' which unfortunately for me,dint
attracted attention of any user!. I tried using the javascript to
generate the tabs for site and commented the tabs generated through
tabs.xsl.The issue now is to hide the tabs as we do it through
sitetree.xml.Is that possible this way?Is there any, more efficient way
to create the sub menus for tabs in Lenya,i.e. does Lenya supports sub
menus for tabs?
Kindly help to resolve the issue.

Thanks & regards
Amit Pandey

Re: Sub menus for tabs

Posted by so...@apache.org.
On 12/28/07, Amit Pandey <am...@techblue.co.uk> wrote:
> This is with reference to the earlier mail sent by me on 2007/10/23,
> with heading 'Submenus for tabs' which unfortunately for me,dint
> attracted attention of any user!. I tried using the javascript to
> generate the tabs for site and commented the tabs generated through
> tabs.xsl.The issue now is to hide the tabs as we do it through
> sitetree.xml.Is that possible this way?Is there any, more efficient way
> to create the sub menus for tabs in Lenya,i.e. does Lenya supports sub
> menus for tabs?
> Amit Pandey

Multiple Levels of Tabs
http://solprovider.com/lenya/tabsall
This article (and the other articles in the section) help select the
desired menu entries.

If you want disappearing menus, adjust the XSL to place the sub-menus
into DIVs and write JS into the triggers.  I have not written about
hidden/popup menus because:
1. They are not specific to Lenya.
2. They are easy to write with tons of free code available on the Web.
3. Hiding anything creates an incredibly poor user interface!

HTH,
solprovider