Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/24 08:48:22 UTC

[DISCUSS] Merge FLINK-23755 after feature freeze

Hi all,

Since Flink 1.14 is already code freeze, we'd like to merge
FLINK-23755 [1]. PR is [2]

We think FLINK-23755 is not a new feature, but it is a behavior
changer and an usability improvement. It's disappointing to wait for
one more release for users.

What do you think?

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-23755
[2]https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/16887

Best,
Jingsong

Re: [DISCUSS] Merge FLINK-23755 after feature freeze

Posted by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com>.
Agree that this sounds more like a behavior change of an existing stable
feature, rather than a new feature.

No concern from my side. I'd respect your component expertise on whether
this change should happen.

Thank you~

Xintong Song

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.