Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Erwin Reinhoud <Er...@ictu.nl> on 2007/12/20 13:44:27 UTC

http 1.1 chunking and large messages using axis2 1.3

Hello All,

I am wondering how large message (lets say >0,5GB) are handled when it is sent chunked over HTTP 1.1 and there is a network interruption.

Does it support some kind of restarts, allowing the transfer to continue where it left off if it is interrupted, rather than starting over from the beginning?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Erwin

Re: http 1.1 chunking and large messages using axis2 1.3

Posted by George H <ge...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 20, 2007 2:44 PM, Erwin Reinhoud <Er...@ictu.nl> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am wondering how large message (lets say >0,5GB) are handled when it is sent chunked over HTTP 1.1 and there is a network interruption.
>
> Does it support some kind of restarts, allowing the transfer to continue where it left off if it is interrupted, rather than starting over from the beginning?

Hi, I don't know about axis2 if it has this kind of support, but I
know what you could do if something like this happens. On the on end
you could keep a count on how many bytes were received. When the
connection cuts the client requests to resume, you send it the number
of bytes -5 (or something) and you continue sending the file starting
from that position. Essentialy it's the same "resume" feature ftp has.

But it would be cool if there is something like this inherently in
axis2 (but I doubt unless an axis2 dev replies)

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Erwin

"Nothing is impossible for the person that doesn't have to do it"
"The probability of anything happening is in inverse ratio to its desirability"
"The problem is not freedom of choice, it is about the choices you
have. Choice is always limited by the number of alternatives presented
to you"
--
George H
george.dma@gmail.com