Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Meeusen, Christopher W." <Me...@mayo.edu> on 2010/05/18 20:20:09 UTC

archiver alternatives

Hi,

I've been using the axis2 service archiver plugin for eclipse for years,
but recently it's become unusable.  It freezes on this screen

and will not continue.  I've tried everything (new workspace, deleting
.metadata folder in workspace, reinstalling the plugin in eclipse, re
downloading eclipse and setting up a brand new workspace)  I'm stuck and
I really need to rebuild some aar files.  What are some other
alternatives to the archiver?  I've heard of people using Maven to build
aars, is that the most popular way now?  We write our services code
first.

Thanks,

Chris

RE: archiver alternatives

Posted by "Phee, Marty" <mp...@devry.edu>.
I've been using the maven axis2 tools.

Here is a basic pom to get you going.  Please note the problems I'm
having using xmlbeans with this.  I don't know what the problem is, but
I'm giving up for now and switching to spring/axis2.  You can modify
this pom for adb easily and it works fine.  This will also generate a
build.xml ant file which works with xmlbeans.  So you can get rid of the
archiver(aar) below and just call that file.

<project

http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd"

        xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"

    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

    <groupId>com.company</groupId>

    <artifactId>ourstuff</artifactId>

    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

    <packaging>aar</packaging>

    <name>webservice</name>

    <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>

    <dependencies>

        <dependency>

            <groupId>junit</groupId>

            <artifactId>junit</artifactId>

            <version>4.4</version>

            <scope>test</scope>

        </dependency>

        <dependency>

            <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>

            <artifactId>axis2-kernel</artifactId>

            <version>${axis2.version}</version>

            <scope>provided</scope>

        </dependency>

        <dependency>

            <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>

            <artifactId>axis2-xmlbeans</artifactId>

            <version>${axis2.version}</version>

            <scope>provided</scope>

        </dependency>

        <dependency>

            <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>

            <version>1.1.1</version>

            <scope>provided</scope>

        </dependency>

       <!-- <dependency>

            <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>

            <artifactId>axis2-spring</artifactId>

            <version>1.5.1</version>

        </dependency>

        <dependency>

            <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>

            <artifactId>spring</artifactId>

            <version>2.5.6</version>

        </dependency>-->

        <dependency>

            <groupId>log4j</groupId>

            <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>

            <version>1.2.9</version>

            <scope>provided</scope>

        </dependency>

    </dependencies>

    <build>

        <extensions>

            <extension>

                <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>

                <artifactId>wagon-ssh-external</artifactId>

                <version>1.0-alpha-5</version>

            </extension>

        </extensions>

        <resources>

                                                <resource>

<directory>${basedir}/src/main/resources/</directory>

<excludes>

<exclude>**/*.xsd</exclude>

<exclude>**/*.wsdl</exclude>

</excludes>

<filtering>true</filtering>

                                                </resource>

                                </resources>

        <plugins>

            <plugin>

                <configuration>

                    <source>1.5</source>

                    <target>1.5</target>

                </configuration>

            </plugin>

            <plugin>

                <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>

                <artifactId>axis2-wsdl2code-maven-plugin</artifactId>

                <version>${axis2.version}</version>

                <configuration>

<packageName>samples.quickstart.service.xmlbeans</packageName>

                    <generateServerSide>true</generateServerSide>

<generateServerSideInterface>true</generateServerSideInterface>

                    <databindingName>xmlbeans</databindingName>

                    <generateServicesXml>false</generateServicesXml>

                    <outputDirectory>src/main/</outputDirectory>

<wsdlFile>${basedir}/src/main/resources/META-INF/StockQuoteService.wsdl<
/wsdlFile>

                    <namespaceToPackages>

http://quickstart.samples/xsd=samples.quickstart.service.xmlbeans.xsd

                    </namespaceToPackages>

<targetSourceFolderLocation>java/</targetSourceFolderLocation>

<targetResourcesFolderLocation>resources/</targetResourcesFolderLocation

                </configuration>

                <executions>

                    <execution>

                        <goals>

                            <goal>wsdl2code</goal>

                        </goals>

                    </execution>

                </executions>

            </plugin>

            <plugin>

                <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>

                <artifactId>axis2-aar-maven-plugin</artifactId>

                <version>1.5.1</version>

                <extensions>true</extensions>

                <executions>

                    <execution>

                        <id>aar</id>

                        <goals>

                            <goal>aar</goal>

                        </goals>

                        <configuration>

<wsdlFile>${basedir}/src/main/resources/META-INF/StockQuoteService.wsdl<
/wsdlFile>

<wsdlFileName>StockQuoteService.wsdl</wsdlFileName>

                            <fileSets>

                                <fileSet>

<directory>${basedir}/target/classes/</directory>

<outputDirectory>./</outputDirectory>

                                    <includes>

<include>**/applicationContext.xml</include>

                                    </includes>

                                </fileSet>

                                <fileSet>

<directory>${basedir}/src/main/resources/</directory>

<outputDirectory>META-INF/</outputDirectory>

                                    <includes>

                                        <include>**/*.xml</include>

                                        <include>**/*.wsdl</include>

                                        <include>**/*.xsd</include>