Posted to user@commons.apache.org by ken edward <ke...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/20 13:50:12 UTC

How to pass the --enable-preview tomcat parameter with JSVC?

Hello,

When I deploy my tomcat war it produces the below error message, telling me
to pass  the "--enable-preview".  I can add the "--enable-preview" to
my non-jsvc dev tomcat start.sh script to resolve the problem fine.
BUT, if I launch the production tomcat using the jsvc binary (to
bind to port 443 instead of 8443), the JSVC binary doesn't seem to
pass the "--enable-preview" parameter.

If I try to add --enable-preview to the production JSVC
script environment:
"Invalid option --enable-preview
Cannot parse command line arguments"

What must I do to allow JSVC to accept and pass the "--enable-preview"
parameter?

apache-tomcat-9.0.27
jdk-13.0.1

18-Mar-2020 15:38:27.659 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart Exception
starting filter [FrameSecurityFilter]
        java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Preview features are
not enabled for com/marsh/div/rock/emp/FrameSecurityFilter (class file
version 57.65535). Try running with '--enable-preview' (unable to load
class ......)

Re: How to pass the --enable-preview tomcat parameter with JSVC?

Posted by ken edward <ke...@gmail.com>.
 I did try  -Denable-preview=true  -- BUT while that does allow "something"
to pass through jsvc parsing, it is not passed to the booting jsvm/tomcat
in any meaningful way. IE, the application fails to load with this error
still:

20-Mar-2020 14:03:25.804 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart Exception starting
filter [FrameSecurityFilter]
        java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Preview features are not
enabled for com/bus/itm/empbc/FrameSecurityFilter (class file version
57.65535). *Try running with '--enable-preview*' (una
ble to load class [com.bus.itm.empbc.FrameSecurityFilter])

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.
Le ven. 20 mars 2020 à 18:40, ken edward <ke...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Yes, I did. Neither of these work:
>
>  -D<name>=<value>