Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Yi Zhang <zc...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/26 01:31:35 UTC

Workflow app directory with whitespace issue

Hi,
I am trying to use oozie rest api to start a workflow app which name
contains whitespace. let's say "test workflow".
The response header contains following info:
 oozie-error-code:E0711
 oozie-error-message: E0711: Invalid application URI. [test
workflow] Illegal character in path at index ***

And I tried to encode workflow app path in configure properties and send
the request again. I got this response header:
oozie-error-code:E0504
oozie-error-message: E0504: App directory[test%20workflow] does not exists

I confirmed that workflow can be run if I create workflow app directory
"test_workflow" in HDFS and use "test_workflow" as workflow app path in
configure properties.

So my question:
Is that possible to have a workflow app path contains whitespace? If
possible, how to start the workflow from rest api?

Thanks,
Yi