Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Henry <he...@cafelab.com> on 2003/01/22 16:44:32 UTC

How to implement this

Hi FRIENDS:

can anybody give me a concept about implement ONE SIGNIN at the same time?

if I use servlet or jsp to implement it

the way I consider about is below:
1 record the sessionId and userId in some media(db), then we'll know who is login and who is not
2 use a demon program to determine whole sessionId which is live and correspond to db's data if some session is dead then demon program will remove from db

how to get whole sessionId which is live? does it work or anybody has more intellegent idea about it?

thanks

Re: How to implement this

Posted by Lajos Moczar <lm...@galatea.com>.
Heny -

If you are referring to single-signon, all you have to do is uncomment
the single-signon value in server.xml and restart. That way, when a user
logs in to one webapp, the roles will automatically be applicable to any
other webapp on the server. Tomcat will create a cookie names
JSESSIONIDSSO and which will have this 'global' session id.

Regards,

Lajos

--

                   Lajos Moczar
    Open Source Support, Consulting and Training

     http://www.galatea.com -- powered by AzSSL