Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alexandre Mazouz <al...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/01 17:31:37 UTC

Re: Firefox 3 and URL

Hello,

After a lot of debugging and other things, i have found a new problem with
FF3.
In FF2, IE6, IE7 it works fine but not in FF3.

*******************************
if (!this.xmlHttp) {
this.xmlHttp = Sarissa.getXmlHttpRequest();
}
this.xmlHttp.open("HEAD", resourceName, false);
this.xmlHttp.send(null);
return (this.xmlHttp.status == 200 && this.xmlHttp.responseXML);
*******************************
the resourceName is "/dy/browse/bv/nr500/nr500_2008/loc/n0001.xml".
the statusText is "OK" and status 200.

i have no responseXML.

something seems strange is that when the this.xmlHttp.open is done, i have
the this.xmlHttp.statusText=this.xmlHttp.channel

all seems to be fine but i get nothing in FF3 (responseXML=null).

Is there any idea from where is the problem and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Alexandre

Re: Firefox 3 and URL

Posted by Alexandre Mazouz <al...@gmail.com>.
I use the plugin Firebug to debug my web application.

I understand that Head request do not send response but Firebug shows me
something else in FF2.

I use Cocoon 2.1.7/Jetty/sarissa  0.9.4.4.

Thanks,
Alexandre

Re: Firefox 3 and URL

Posted by Andy Stevens <in...@googlemail.com>.