Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Christian Gorbach <go...@gmx.at> on 2008/04/15 12:20:32 UTC

T5: Pushing Multiple Components into Render Queue

hi all,

Quote from:
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/guide/rendering.html
"
..Instead of returning true or false, a render phase method may return a
component. .....
"

This works very well. But now I face the situation that a component
should push more than one (embedded) component into the render queue.

Object[] beginRender....
Doesn't seem to work. Is there another approach to push multiple
components into the queue? or should I add a Jira improvement issue?

thanks in advance
c)hristian

Re: T5: Pushing Multiple Components into Render Queue

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
There's a sneaky way.

Return an inner class implementing RenderCommand.

Implement void render(MarkupWriter writer, RenderQueue queue) and push
what you want on the queue.

This is a bit of a grey area, as .runtime package falls somewhere
between public and internal APIs.  It is generally assumed that
component will not directly implement the interfaces in the .runtime
package and they may change over time (but probably not).

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 3:20 AM, Christian Gorbach <go...@gmx.at> wrote:
> hi all,
>
>  Quote from:
> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/guide/rendering.html
>  "
>  ..Instead of returning true or false, a render phase method may return a
> component. .....
>  "
>
>  This works very well. But now I face the situation that a component should
> push more than one (embedded) component into the render queue.
>
>  Object[] beginRender....
>  Doesn't seem to work. Is there another approach to push multiple components
> into the queue? or should I add a Jira improvement issue?
>
>  thanks in advance
>  c)hristian

Howard M. Lewis Ship