Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kurtis Williams <kw...@mshare.net> on 2005/01/06 19:06:20 UTC

IAction components - are they "iffy?"

Because VoiceXML doesn't follow the same form model as HTML, I've
modeled my VoiceXML Tag set as Action link-style components so that they
can populate their state during the page rewind.  A few days ago Howard
Lewis Ship posted his opinion that Action links represented a misstep
and that he'd like to deprecate them if he could.  I've tried reworking
my library as Direct components without much luck - basically I need the
whole page to behave like it's a form!

If I use Action links for my VoiceXML Components am I in danger of
having them be deprecated in the future?  Are there problems
(performance, scalability, etc.) that I need to worry about with Action
links?  Is the sky going to fall on my neat set of VoiceXML components?

- Kurt W.

Re: IAction components - are they "iffy?"

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
I don't know the answers to your question, but if you can use DirectLink to
accomplish the same goal, use that instead.