Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Aram W. Mirzadeh" <aw...@qosina.com> on 1995/08/30 23:18:09 UTC

Re: Please send me any information

At 05:04 PM 8/30/95 -0400, you wrote:

> -Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 16:34:40 -0400
> -From: "Aram W. Mirzadeh" <aw...@qosina.com>
> -
> -I don't have FCNTL_... defined either.  But I'm still getting those socket
> -errors, and a few servers are still getting stuck.  Not all, but  one or two
> -at a time with a StartServers of 5.
> -
> -Anyway.... it seems to have been in the code, since 0.6.5 because I
> -recently compiled 6.5 and still does the same thing.
> -
>
>Do you know if it is hanging in the accept()?  I would guess that
>it is, but I don't know for certain.  If it is, then it is
>probably a problem with the implementation of accept().  I would
>have no idea how to look into that.... would you?

I'm sure it is... but I'm in no way a "programmer" to be able to tell
why it's hanging there...   I've been putting together alot of debugging
code in 0.8.11.... but everyone is pushing for 0.8.12.
I'm also CC this message to the list.

>Anyway, not defining FCNTL_... makes things acceptable again.
>You might suggest that to others who are having the problem.
>Also, it would be nice to list this under known bugs so that
>others don't pull their hair out, or go off and use other servers
>or operating systems.  If you like, I can put a messages together
>about the problem, and you can edit it and put it up on the
>Apache site.

It's not a sure thing, but at least it's a little better.  I'm not sure what
the serialization stuff does... I'll have to ask.

<Aram>