Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by abpb2006 <ab...@yahoo.com> on 2007/11/30 01:55:28 UTC

how to increase the limit of Portoffset ? its not working after 4000

how to increase the limit of Portoffset ? its not working after 4000 :-(
...is there way?

thanks.
ABPB

Re: how to increase the limit of Portoffset ? its not working after 4000

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On Nov 30, 2007 2:51 AM, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I suspect you either need to turn off the active mq  brokers on these
> servers or set their ports lower which you should be able to do in
> var/config/config-substitutions.properties.

It's in FAQ too now:

* How to change port numbers for Geronimo services [1]
* How to disable Geronimo services to avoid port conflicts [2]

Thanks Dave. Now I know what I'm presenting during the next Geronimo
presentation ;-)

Jacek

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxKB/How+to+change+port+numbers+for+Geronimo+services
[2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxKB/How+to+disable+Geronimo+services+to+avoid+port+conflicts

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: how to increase the limit of Portoffset ? its not working after 4000

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On Nov 30, 2007 6:45 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Edit var/config/config.xml to add an attribute load="false" in <gbean
> name="ActiveMQ.tcp.default"> and <gbean name="ActiveMQ.stomp.default">.

Hi,

I couldn't resist writing it down in my notes, but suddenly realized I
could add it to our FAQ. Here it is - How to disable Geronimo services
to avoid port conflicts [1]. Thanks Vamsi for the hint!

Jacek

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxKB/How+to+disable+Geronimo+services+to+avoid+port+conflicts

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: how to increase the limit of Portoffset ? its not working after 4000

Posted by abpb2006 <ab...@yahoo.com>.
thanks Vamsi.

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
I did not suggest stopping the activemq-broker altogether for I thought it
may render the server not startable.  There may be other configurations that
are dependent on activemq-broker (look in the admin console for child
configurations) and starting those will automatically start the parent
configuration(s).

++Vamsi

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.