Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Fischer, Thomas" <Th...@schmuecker.de> on 2002/09/19 09:35:42 UTC

hashtable

Hello!
I am a turbine newbee.
It is to understand turbine very difficultly.
In principle, I have one for question.
I very often see this code in examples:

$ flux.Users
in # foreach ($ users in $ flux.Users)

or

$ shop.bestellungen
(orders = $ shop.bestellungen # set for $)
of velocity-templates.

My problem:

flux and shop can be hashtables but where are these hashtables defined?
Where can I find this hashtables in the application?
I cannot find it !!!
Are there documentations to turbine unless at apache?

		Thanks   Thomas

Re: ACCESS INTAKE-MESSAGES IN ACTION CLASS

Posted by David Worms <da...@simpledesign.com>.
On 9/19/02 12:58 AM, "Florian Suschetz" <fl...@jmh.one2space.com>
wrote:

> Hi there, could anybody tell me what is necesarry that following directive
> in an action-class works:
>
> IntakeTool intake = (IntakeTool) context.get("intake");
> Group group = intake.get("groupName", "");

The problem is in the line above. You need to tell him how the group is
reference in your context => intake.get("groupName", "the key")

-------- insert
In template, you should a line like:
#set ($contactGroup = $intake.Contact.Default)
And in you action, a line like:
Group contactGroup = intake.get("Contact", IntakeTool.DEFAULT_KEY, false);

-------- update
In template, you should a line like:
#set ($contactGroup = $intake.Contact.mapTo($contact))
And in you action, a line like:
Group contactGroup = intake.get("Contact", contact.getQueryKey(), false);

David Worms

AW: hashtable

Posted by Jürgen Hoffmann <jh...@byteaction.de>.
Hi,

You should read:
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2/howto/velocity-site-howto.ht
ml

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2/howto/context-howto.html

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2/howto/pullmodel-howto.html

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2/pullmodel.html

And

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2/fsd.html

This should give you an idea of how turbine works, and the puzzle pieces
fit together ;)

Kind regards

Jürgen Hoffmann
ByteACTION GmbH