Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2005/06/05 22:37:24 UTC

utf-8 regressions on trunk

inserting utf-8 characters into a field in the meta tab causes utf-8
exceptions on trunk, but works fine on 1.2. note, both have page
serialized as utf-8 and form-encoding set to utf-8

i tracked it down to

usecases.js:29 and added some logging code:

PoolThread-3 DEBUG flow - usecases.js::executeUsecase() value is =
[Ð?ойÑ?и в пÑ?бликаÑ?иÑ? ]

the code is:

  var value = flowHelper.getRequest(cocoon).get(name);

earlier, in the request debug, both lenya 1.2 and 1.4 give:

21090 2005-06-05 16:19:30,323 [PoolThread-4] DEBUG
core.cocoon.debug():586  - DEBUGGING INFORMATION:
PARAM: 'properties.save.meta.description' VALUES: '[????? ? ??????????]'

and

PoolThread-4 DEBUG core.cocoon - DEBUGGING INFORMATION:
PARAM: 'description' VALUES: '[ddy ????????]'

so it looks like the FOM doesn't access the cocoon request object in the
same way as xsp, or the FOM doesn't do the encoding tricks as described
in http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/RequestParameterEncoding

can someone confirm / deny on trunk whether they are seeing the same
problems?

[trunk] Re: utf-8 regressions on trunk

Posted by "J. Wolfgang Kaltz" <ka...@interactivesystems.info>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss schrieb:
> inserting utf-8 characters into a field in the meta tab causes utf-8
> exceptions on trunk, but works fine on 1.2. note, both have page
> serialized as utf-8 and form-encoding set to utf-8
>
> (...)
>
> can someone confirm / deny on trunk whether they are seeing the same
> problems?

Actually I can't get that far; storing meta data of a document is
currently broken:

Cannot write to source
[lenya://lenya/pubs/default/content/authoring/tutorial/index_en.xml.meta]:
not locked!

This must be due do a recent change; but I'm not sure where (the
MetaData usecase itself was not changed).

--
Wolfgang