Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Steve Baker <St...@hj3m.com> on 2006/09/11 21:03:56 UTC

svn 1.4 and apache 2.2.3

Hi all,

I read a post in this list back in august that svn 1.3 would work with
apache 2.2.3 but would require a custom build. I read somewhere also
around that time that svn 1.4 was expected to have apache 2.2.3 support.

I am having problems finding any docs for svn 1.4 that mention which
version of apache is supported out of the box. I am setting up a new svn
1.4 server at work and just need to know which version of apache to
install. I don't really know much about apache and have no idea if I
would benefit from the 2.2.3 release. I do know that I will be trying to
set up active directory authentication with mod_auth_sspi.

Would someone be willing to help me out and just let me know if I should
be using 2.0.59 or 2.2.3 please? I would be willing to build svn against
2.2.3 if there is some advantage to doing that in general or when using
sspi. Otherwise I would prefer to just stick with downloading binaries.

Thank you,

Steve

Re: Re: svn 1.4 and apache 2.2.3

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 9/12/06, Johnson, Rick <Jo...@gc.adventist.org> wrote:

> > 1.4 works just fine with apache 2.2, as long as you're not on windows.
> >  If you're on windows it needs a patch to APR 1.x (which is what
> apache 2.2 uses) in order to fix a bug that we > happen to trip up, so
> you'll have to either patch your version of APR or use apache 2.0.
> >
> > -garrett

> Can someone point to some documentation about this bug? I just did a
> Google search and a haxx search and got a LOT of results, some of which
> talk about patching a bug but doesn't describe the bug.

It was a problem with how permissions were handled in APR's stat calls
on windows and it produced strange errors inside Subversion's working
copy code.  It was fixed (I believe) in revision 425620 of APR, and
backported to APR 1.2.x in revision 425621.

-garrett

RE: Re: svn 1.4 and apache 2.2.3

Posted by "Johnson, Rick" <Jo...@gc.adventist.org>.
> 1.4 works just fine with apache 2.2, as long as you're not on windows.
>  If you're on windows it needs a patch to APR 1.x (which is what
apache 2.2 uses) in order to fix a bug that we > happen to trip up, so
you'll have to either patch your version of APR or use apache 2.0.

> -garrett

Can someone point to some documentation about this bug? I just did a
Google search and a haxx search and got a LOT of results, some of which
talk about patching a bug but doesn't describe the bug.

Rick

Re: svn 1.4 and apache 2.2.3

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.