Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Lokesh Puri <lp...@sapient.com> on 2012/06/13 13:26:40 UTC

Re: problem opening excel 2007 created using SXSSF

Hi Yegor,

I have done all the steps mentioned forum post but I am still getting the
same "unreadable content" Dialog Box. I am using POI-3.8 and have Excel 2007
installed on my machine. My code works fine and xlsx opens without issues if
I write to FileOutputStream as mentioned in one of the posts earlier while
if I write to response.getOutputStream(), I get "unreadable content" dialog
box. Please find my code snippet below, I am not doing anything fancy just
writing 70k lines to xlsx.

My Controller Code

response.setContentType("application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet");
response.setHeader("Content-Disposition","attachment;filename=" + fileName);
service.createPOCDoc(response.getOutputStream());

My Service Code

public void createPOCDoc(OutputStream output) throws IOException{
		Workbook wb = new XSSFWorkbook();
		createDataSheet(wb.createSheet("data"), 70000);
		wb.write(output);
		output.flush();
		output.close();
}

private void createDataSheet(Sheet sheet, int max_rows) {

		for (int i = 0; i < max_rows; i++) {
			Row row = sheet.createRow(i);
			Cell cell = row.createCell(0);
			cell.setCellValue("row number - " + i);
		}

		System.out.println("added " + max_rows);
}

Yegor Kozlov-4 wrote