Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Bob Remeika <bo...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/11 21:56:14 UTC

client connect as different username?

Apologies if this is an RTM response, but I looked and wasn't able to find
anything concrete.  Is it possible to connect to HDFS via the HDFS client
under a different username than I am currently logged in as?

Here is our situation, I am user bobr on the client machine.  I need to add
something to the HDFS cluster as the user "companyuser".  Is this possible
with the current set of APIs or do I have to upload and "chown"?

Thanks,
Bob