Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Kaxil Naik <ka...@apache.org> on 2020/09/18 12:44:03 UTC

[DISCUSS] Documentation Improvements for Airflow 2.0

Hi all,

One of the thing that we skipped in last Airflow 2.0 dev was around
"documentation". The main reason for skipping it in the meeting was to
gather good data-points and feedbacks from the community.

So my question to everyone reading this email is "What improvements do you
want in the docs on http://airflow.apache.org/docs/stable/ "?:

   - What is it that we are missing there?
   - What is that is "outdated"
   - Better organization? Any ideas?
   - Is there something that can be simplified?
   - Where would you prefer docs for "Docker Image" and "Helm Chart" (yet
   to be officially released)?

Feedback from someone who has just recently started looking at Airflow
would be very much appreciated since you would know what challenges you
faced while using Airflow for the first time.

Regards,
Kaxil

Re: [DISCUSS] Documentation Improvements for Airflow 2.0

Posted by Patrick Cando <p....@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Airflow newbie here!

Here were some ideas I had:

I saw that the FAQs were at the bottom of the page and the project resources at the top. Perhaps this could be inverted with the FAQs being moved closer to the top and project resources move toward the bottom? My assumption here is the higher likelihood of users in the community reading the documentation for technical guidance.

With Airflow 2.0 being worked on, perhaps we could also think about refreshing the FAQs given the questions we see on Slack/other channels and perhaps anticipate some questions around 2.0 that might help the community?

There is also a high level link in Home/Executor which includes information on the Kubernetes Executor. We also then have a high level Home/Kubernetes link. Could we move this to Home/Executor?

We also have Home/DAG Runs and Home/DAG Serialization. Could this be moved to Home/DAGs > [DAG Runs, DAG Serialization,…] In Home/Best-Practises we also have a few resources for writing and testing DAGs. Could this be moved under DAGs too? Or are users searching for specific best practice resources?

Just some ideas! Thanks for reaching out @kaxil :)

Cheers,
Patrick

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks all, I am going to go through all the feedback and get something
actionable soon.

Posted by Leah Cole <co...@google.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Fabien BEURET <fb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
Bumping this thread again to get more responses.

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

From my perspective the following sections could be better: