Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jennifer Kesterson <Je...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2006/05/23 15:50:42 UTC

Best way to deliver only updates?

Hello,

What is the best way to export (other otherwise obtain) only the
recent updates from Repository A to import them on Repository B, and
vise-versa?  Here's the scenario we're planning:

We deliver each build to the customer by doing a full export from
Repo A and importing the contents of the tar file on Repo B.  We'd
like to export only the changes from Repo A for delivery to Repo
B.  Then, we might want to make our own changes on Repo B in a
branch, merge the branch to the trunk, export the changes, and
deliver them to Repo A.

Questions:
1. Is there a way to export only the changes from Repo A to import on
Repo B, and vise-versa?

2.  What is the best method of importing only the changes?

3.  When we deliver changes from Repo B to Repo A, and Repo A has
changed since the delivery to Repo B, do we merge the changes into
Repo A in the normal fashion?

These may be elementary questions, and I have searched for
answers.......... if something is in the archive, I didn't find it
and I'm not sure which part of the book answers these questions.  I
would appreciate any help.

Thanks!
Jen