Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by rakshita04 <ra...@siemens.com> on 2020/12/08 04:49:15 UTC

BaselineTopology branching error

Hi Team,

We are using baseline topology concept for our two nodes, running on
separate machines.
We are getting below error when both of these nodes run together-

Caused by: class org.apache.ignite.spi.IgniteSpiException: BaselineTopology
of joining node (DSU_B) is not compatible with BaselineTopology in the
cluster. Branching history of cluster BlT ([65356776]) doesn't contain
branching point hash of joining node BlT (65356777). Consider cleaning
persistent storage of the node and adding it to the cluster again.

After getting this error , when we deleted the nodes and restarted ignite.
it worked fine.
But this way we are loosing our data.
We are using similar configuration.xml file for both of them.
What can we do to avoid this issue?

regards,
Rakshita Chaudhary

Re: BaselineTopology branching error

Posted by andrei <ae...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

When the baseline of your nodes is different, they will not be able to
connect to each other. Before attaching to such a node, you must remove
all data from the working directory (db, wal, wal archive, etc).

BR,
Andrei

Posted by rakshita04 <ra...@siemens.com>.

Posted by rakshita04 <ra...@siemens.com>.
how to delete PDS data ?
by deleting PDS data , are we only deleting cluster and baseline information
or we also delete entries(keys,value) of the database?
if DB entries(key, value pair) still exists after PDS data deletion, is it
possible that once new baseline is created fresh and both nodes are then
added to this baseline, then DB data(key,value) of both the nodes will get
synced?

Re: BaselineTopology branching error

Posted by andrei <ae...@gmail.com>.
As I said, if your "new" node was previously part of a cluster, then we
can get baseline information from that cluster stored on the disk. If
you are going to start a "new" node without the old baseline, delete all
PDS data for that node.

Posted by andrei <ae...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

This means that both of your nodes have a different baseline. This was
most likely due to activation after a node restart.

The right way:

1) Start two new nodes (with clean PDS)
2) Activate the cluster - after that both nodes will be in the baseline
3) If your nodes crash, just restart them. Do not use activation
anymore. The cluster will be activated when all nodes from the baseline
are online.

If you need to add new nodes to the baseline or remove it from the
baseline, you can use the related API:

https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/baseline-topology#setting-the-topology-from-code
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/baseline-topology#setting-the-topology-from-command-line

BR,