Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com> on 2016/06/28 21:02:31 UTC

Re: http/2

Hi,

I just saw this old topic and want to give some information about HTTP/2 and Wicket.

First of all Wicket will have support for http/2 via PushBuilder API - A PoC can be found here:

https://github.com/klopfdreh/jetty-http2-example

So before the actual page request is finished you can push several resources to the client via header item.

The item itself is also compatible with http<2 because resources aren't pushed to the client at all in this case.

There are some hints in the implementation that the client is going to have the option to activate / deactivate the push functionality.

If a client has cached the resource already a RST_STREAM is send to the server to skip the next pushed resource so that there is no high traffic at all.

@stackoverflow I asked a question regarding the client side caching in Jetty and a core dev already answered:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37211883/jetty-respond-with-status-200-instead-of-304-while-using-http2

I am waiting for further hints at this point.

If the JEE server supports HTTP/2 I think you are going to be able to ship files within the WEB-INF with push, too (this is only an assumption)

Hope the dev regarding the JEE standard is continued soon.

kind regards

Tobias

Re: http/2

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.

Am 29.06.16 um 17:43 schrieb Martin Grigorov:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 11:02 PM, Tobias Soloschenko <
> tobiassoloschenko@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just saw this old topic and want to give some information about HTTP/2
>> and Wicket.
>>
>> First of all Wicket will have support for http/2 via PushBuilder API - A
>> PoC can be found here:
>>
>> https://github.com/klopfdreh/jetty-http2-example
>>
>> So before the actual page request is finished you can push several
>> resources to the client via header item.
>>
>> The item itself is also compatible with http<2 because resources aren't
>> pushed to the client at all in this case.
>>
>> There are some hints in the implementation that the client is going to
>> have the option to activate / deactivate the push functionality.
>>
>> If a client has cached the resource already a RST_STREAM is send to the
>> server to skip the next pushed resource so that there is no high traffic at
>> all.
>>
>> @stackoverflow I asked a question regarding the client side caching in
>> Jetty and a core dev already answered:
>>

>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37211883/jetty-respond-with-status-200-instead-of-304-while-using-http2
>>
>> I am waiting for further hints at this point.
>>
> There is no answer since May 20th.
> I'd file an issue at Jetty bug tracker.
Ticket is now available here:
https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/801

Re: http/2

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Martin,

Am 29.06.16 um 17:43 schrieb Martin Grigorov:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 11:02 PM, Tobias Soloschenko <
> tobiassoloschenko@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just saw this old topic and want to give some information about HTTP/2
>> and Wicket.
>>
>> First of all Wicket will have support for http/2 via PushBuilder API - A
>> PoC can be found here:
>>
>> https://github.com/klopfdreh/jetty-http2-example
>>
>> So before the actual page request is finished you can push several
>> resources to the client via header item.
>>
>> The item itself is also compatible with http<2 because resources aren't
>> pushed to the client at all in this case.
>>
>> There are some hints in the implementation that the client is going to
>> have the option to activate / deactivate the push functionality.
>>
>> If a client has cached the resource already a RST_STREAM is send to the
>> server to skip the next pushed resource so that there is no high traffic at
>> all.
>>
>> @stackoverflow I asked a question regarding the client side caching in
>> Jetty and a core dev already answered:
>>

>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37211883/jetty-respond-with-status-200-instead-of-304-while-using-http2
>>
>> I am waiting for further hints at this point.
>>
> There is no answer since May 20th.
> I'd file an issue at Jetty bug tracker.
I tried to file in a bug at:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Jetty

but:

"Sorry, entering a bug into the product Jetty has been disabled."

Re: http/2

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.
When I find some time I am going to file in a ticket.

kind regards

Tobias

Re: http/2

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.