Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Britt Crawford <bc...@cafepress.com> on 2008/06/19 03:11:33 UTC

Has anyone used Aegis Databinding with JAXRS?

Hello,

I am trying to get the Aegis databinding to work with the JAXRS front-end
but haven't been successful yet.  There is no documentation on this
configuration, has anyone been able to get it working?  If so, could you
provide an example configuration?  I can't seem to get JAXRS to use anything
but JAXB databinding.

Thanks,

Britt Crawford

Re: Has anyone used Aegis Databinding with JAXRS?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I'm confused. The pom.xml for rt/frontend/jaxrs excludes JAXB, but there is
a JAXB provider in there, and the eclipse build path includes JAXB. How is
this working?

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 1:00 PM, Sergey Beryozkin <sergey.beryozkin@iona.com

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@iona.com>.
Hi

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get the Aegis databinding to work with the JAXRS front-end
> but haven't been successful yet.  There is no documentation on this
> configuration, has anyone been able to get it working?  If so, could you
> provide an example configuration?  I can't seem to get JAXRS to use anything
> but JAXB databinding.

I think having an Aegis JAX-RS provider would be cool but I don't have the time to create the one. I might give it a shot some time
later though.
My understanding, from what Benson said, is that it should be failrly straightforward to create the provider. If someone could
create a basic Aegis provider which would create an AegisContext and then serialize/deserialize a given type, then it would be a
good start...

Cheers, Sergey

> Thanks,
>
> Britt Crawford