Posted to dev@crail.apache.org by Animesh Trivedi <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/08 10:05:03 UTC

fw:failed crail/libdisni compilation

issue reported by Dawn (CC'ed), libdisni failed to compile for CentOS 7 :

checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for ibv_get_device_list in -libverbs... no
configure: error: disni requires libibverbs
[apps@qahdm0 libdisni]$ rpm -qa | grep libibverbs
libibverbs-13-7.el7.x86_64
libibverbs-utils-13-7.el7.x86_64
libibverbs-13-7.el7.i686

———
The above lines is copied from my terminal when I was doing the compilation.
I wonder is your libibverbs installed with yum too? I have install it with
yum. But the configure scripts seems not realize it.
Here is my system information:

Release: CentOS Linux release 7.0.1406 (Core)
Kernel Version: 3.10.0-123.4.4.el7.x86_64
GCC: gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-16)

Re: failed crail/libdisni compilation

Posted by Dawn Shepherd <da...@icloud.com>.
OK, I see. Maybe you have compiled it in Ubuntu? In CentOS there's no dev packages of libibverbs. Now I have compiled and installed rdma-core library. And then the compilation works. Thanks.
Would you please invite me to your team's Slack channel? I have read through the code of Crail. Maybe I will be able to fix bugs with your help.

From Jianghe's iPhone

Re: fw:failed crail/libdisni compilation

Posted by Animesh Trivedi <an...@gmail.com>.