Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vinay Ram P S <vr...@fcw-inc.com> on 2001/05/11 11:26:10 UTC

Problem in linking Tomcat 3.2.1 and Apache 1.3.19 in RedHat Linux 7.0

Hi

   I installed Apache 1.3.19 and Tomcat 3.2.1 in Redhat Linux 7.0
   Both are working individually.
   I followed the steps specified in the attachment.
   I started Tomcat and when starting apache I'm getting following error

Syntax error on line 205 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
API module structure `jk_module' in file /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so is garbled - perhaps this is not an
Apache module DSO? /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Kindly help me in resolving this problem.

Pl Specify  whether I 've downloaded correct files for generating mod_jk.so?
Or Pl specify how to build mod_jk.so and steps for configuring Apache and Tomcat

Thanks
Vinay

Re: Problem in linking Tomcat 3.2.1 and Apache 1.3.19 in RedHat Linux 7.0

Posted by Gilli Julien <da...@bigfoot.com>.
>Syntax error on line 205 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
>API module structure `jk_module' in file
/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so >is garbled - perhaps this is not an
>Apache module DSO? /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not
>be started

Well, it seems that you have to compile mod_jk.so yourself. Just grab the
sources, read the doc and use gcc, evrything should go fine if you read the
doc.
And it seems that your problem is in a FAQ...but i'm not sure...
Good luck and don't hesitate to ask if you get more problems.

Julien Gilli.

RE: Problem in linking Tomcat 3.2.1 and Apache 1.3.19 in RedHat Linux 7.0

Posted by "J. Patrick Lanigan" <pa...@satx.rr.com>.
I struggled with the same setup for at least a week. Never got it to work.
Then I upgraded to Redhat 7.1 and everything worked after that. I've got to
say, I really like the Apache that gets installed with RH 7.1 better. (It
has a LOT of configuration included in the httpd.conf file, just uncomment
and go. And DSO support is already enabled.)

Good luck,
Patrick