Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by John Fleming <jo...@wa9als.com> on 2007/01/27 21:53:03 UTC

Newbie upgrade

Please give me some simple advice - I've upgraded 3.0.3 to 3.1.7 from
backports.org for my Debian Sarge (stable) installation.  I'm still using my
former local.cf.

I've noticed that my ham is no longer being tagged with X-Spam headers, but
the spam is getting these headers - at the top of the headers now, in
contrast to at the bottom like they used to be.

What's changed about inserting the header info?  All the spam that's getting
trapped has huge scores (~30), and I can't see what the scores for the "ham"
(some really spam) are because the headers aren't there.  Any specific help
with these 2 issues would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, any good upgrade documentation for 3.0 to 3.1 as far as changed
configuration settings etc?

Many thanks - John (NOT a nix admin...)

RE: Newbie upgrade

Posted by Bret Miller <br...@wcg.org>.
> Please give me some simple advice - I've upgraded 3.0.3 to 3.1.7 from
> backports.org for my Debian Sarge (stable) installation.  I'm
> still using my former local.cf.
>
> I've noticed that my ham is no longer being tagged with
> X-Spam headers, but
> the spam is getting these headers - at the top of the headers now, in
> contrast to at the bottom like they used to be.
>
> What's changed about inserting the header info?  All the spam
> that's getting
> trapped has huge scores (~30), and I can't see what the
> scores for the "ham"
> (some really spam) are because the headers aren't there.  Any
> specific help
> with these 2 issues would be greatly appreciated.

According to the doc, these are the defaults, note that Checker-Version
can not be changed or removed:

      add_header spam Flag _YESNOCAPS_
      add_header all Status _YESNO_, score=_SCORE_ required=_REQD_
tests=_TESTS_ autolearn=_AUTOLEARN_ version=_VERSION_
      add_header all Level _STARS(*)_
      add_header all Checker-Version SpamAssassin _VERSION_
(_SUBVERSION_) on _HOSTNAME_

So, the score should be added to all messages. It would, of course,
depend on what you've done in your local.cf configuration. So, what do
you have in local.cf for report/header options?

Bret